Other

Hanging on! – A webtoon that coined the word Lose.your.mind!!

탁정은 | 2020-03-27 14:58

놓지마정신줄_3.PNG

This is how it is like. 

My children usually wake up late on the weekdays but are the first to wake up on the weekends. 

On Saturdays and Sundays, turning on cartoons is the first thing they do in the morning. As if they are entranced, they cannot take their eyes of the television screen. 

They begin to start laughing. ‘What are they laughing about?’ I think as I look at the television. I soon start laughing as well.

놓지마정신줄_2.PNG

This is the story of my family as we watch   every Sunday morning. began as a webtoon and gained enough popularity to be made into two seasons of cartoons. It was a long-living comic that began in 2009 and has nearly 600 episodes till now (588 episodes as of June 29, 2015). The cartoon began airing in 2014 and is in its second season in 2015.

놓지마정신줄_4.PNG

is an omnibus-style comic. It entertains the readers with a different story each episode. Each character tries to act normal before eventually losing their mind in the end. The hand that each character has on their head holding on to a piece of rope is supposed to symbolize their sanity. Because it is supposed to be comedy, it is fun and easy to understand. It is also convenient for new readers as the stories are not strongly connected together. Each episode is entertaining and a good place to begin.

놓지마정신줄_5.PNG

features four main characters who each represent a generation in our society most troubled with worry and discourse. 

It is a story of ‘Jung Gwa Jang’, a businessman in his 50s facing retirement, ‘Jung Shin’, the son who is getting ready to do his military service, “Jung Ju Ri’, a high school girl stressed because of the college entrance exams, and the mother, who frantically tries to take care of the whole family. 

Other characters appear in the story, as the story begins to expand. 

While each story is episodic, they add small details to the progression of the whole narrative.

놓지마정신줄_6.PNG

The writer Shin Tae Hoon and artist Na Seung Hoon have a 12 year difference between them. Despite the age difference, the cooperation between the two men is prominent. In this case, age is just a number.

놓지마정신줄_7.PNG

The cartoon series had 20 episodes for its first season and 20 episodes planned for the second, with the comic expanding to character products and novella. The artists have achieved their dream of creating a character that is loved by Koreans as we see closer to our everyday lives.

놓지마정신줄_8.PNG

is a comic loved by teens and reading this may be an opportunity to understanding them. You will be able to understand popular teen phrases such as ‘you’ve lost your mind!!~’ when you read

놓지마정신줄_9.PNG

Before going on summer vacation with your loving children, it may be a good idea to read .

I recommend immersing yourself into the pleasant experience of . Fin.

놓지마 정신줄
Direct to Work info.
Webtoonguide's PICK
Webtoonguide Popular
BL 추천
남성향 추천

Review

TRANSPARENT COHABITATION/MY BOO
Charm | 2021-01-02
UNTOUCHABLE
Charm | 2020-12-28
DEVIL NUMBER 4