Other

DEVIL NUMBER 4

Charm | 2020-12-16 15:33
Webtoon Review: Devil Number 4 - Sequential Planet

SUMMARY
When a down-on-her-luck student runs out of money – and hope – it’s time for the devil to make his entrance and give her an offer she can’t refuse. But this devil has problems of his own. He’s a cog in Satan’s corporate ladder, who’s quickly losing credibility because that same desperate girl isn’t ready to part with her soul willingly. Now, she’s working at his coffee shop while he tries to convince her that she can have it all. And the cost? Merely her mortal soul…
AUTHOR : jangjin / woombeee

God | Devil Number 4 Wiki | Fandom
Love that breaks the barrier between a human and another being. Devil Number 4 is a story that will bewitch you and turn you into a webtoon addict that can’t wait weekly for the episodes. To read beyond the episode that is supposedly for the next week will come with a price. Our desperation of reading this webtoon is due to the artistic mind of jangjin / woombeee.

5 Rising Webtoons to Add to Your TBR List – SnackFever
“A man appeared in my dreams.” Just like in this webtoon, everything comes with a price. Hanna Yoon, the female lead of this story, is trying to make ends meet in order to bridge herself through college but of course alongside her is hopelessness and desperation. In other words, she was miserable and it made her vulnerable to the point that her misery attracted a devil. Then a man appeared, or should I say, a devil. And his name is 4.

Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?
I’ve been hooked by this webtoon for a while now. Starting from the first chapter, it burned my heart. Not because of pain, but because I was really excited as to how the story will turn out when I read on. In the first episode, the line that caught me was, “I’m the devil who’s come to save you” which is ironic since his kind doesn’t really do “saving.” Not one that’s real anyway. I read chapters that displayed their love for each other by means of sacrificing. It made me angry wishing they would just speak out their minds and just love each other facing everything together but what I hated more is that I understood the writer. It’d be too cliché. It has to be the opposite of what people are expecting and have in mind.

The devil number 4
What I love about the story is how the characters are depicted. The characters were based from the bible where it has god, devils, angels, and humans. I was amazed with how the story was able to pull off these characters. It stayed true to the events from the bible. How an angel became a devil, how humans are sinful, how god has died. They stayed real but with different representations and explanations. You know how god was described as having no gender? This webtoon was able to pull that off as well. The character god introduced in this webtoon has the appearance of both woman and man mixed together. It was very impressive that I had to show my colleagues. The artist deserve great praises for that. 4, in the end, have fallen in love with Hanna and Hanna have fallen in love with 4 but as I’ve mentioned, this story is filled with sacrifices. Apparently, these characters mistake “sacrificing” for “saving.” They kept on sacrificing for each other and end up hurting each other every time. It would make you say “If only they’d just….”

When the devil gets lonely and depressed [Devil Number 4 - Chapter 99] :  webtoons
The art suit the characters and story very well. It is very two-dimensional with no hint of three-dimensional mixture. Well, as far as I’ve noticed. The shadings that give depth and shadow to the characters’ appearances and the color palette are well applied, too. The colors, I don’t know if this is the right description, are dry. I don’t mean it in a bad way. As I’ve said, it very much suited the story. The colors aren’t dark and at the same time, they’re not bright either. The webtoon is still ongoing, though and as I’ve read the recent uploaded episode, it seems that another twist will be coming. And I was waiting for the story of this particular one. I guess my questions regarding it will be answered soon.

Pin on Webtoon
I started reading this a few months ago but the feeling of excitement, curiosity and interest I felt back then, I can still feel today. I keep waiting for when the next episode will be uploaded and as soon as it’s up, I’d immediately drop everything, click, and read. I think that is the only way to better describe how amazing this webtoon is. The storyline is impressive and is not at all common. All the characters no matter what they are labeled as, you would come to love them for sure. They are not how they are presumed to be and I’m not even sad about it. I loved them and I can’t wait for more!